This week’s Vegetable Box Feature: Grape Tomatoes, a fruit often called a vegetable
Did you know?
Where to Store it?
Grape tomatoes are best when stored at room temperature out of direct sunlight or in the refrigerator crisper in a plastic clamshell or paper bag. If tomatoes are refrigerated, remove them from refrigeration about 30 minutes prior to serving to regain some of their original flavor.
Rinse tomatoes before slicing or eating them. Grape tomatoes can be rinsed in a colander with cool running water or washed individually. Depending on your recipe chop or leave whole.
How to Use:
Grape tomatoes can be enjoyed raw or cooked. Try adding them to salads, dipping in dip, roasting or adding to pasta dishes.
Created by: Sweet Rustic Bakes
This Salsa is deliciously addicting and ready in 5 minutes. Fresh like pico, juicy like salsa! Great with chips or on top of fish, chicken or hamburgers!
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor in the order listed.
2. Using the "pulse" button on your food processor, pulse the ingredients off an on until you obtain small even pieces. Do not puree the mix. I pulsed about 5 times, 1 second each.
3. Place in serving dish or glass container with lid to store. Store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Oven Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Created By: “Plain Chicken”: Stephanie
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for quick and easy side dishes. This recipe for Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes is both quick and easy! It is also really delicious. It literally takes one minute to toss together and it is ready to eat in 15 minutes! LOVE!
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Toss all ingredients. Spread out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.
Easy Baked Feta Pasta
Created by: Bella
This baked feta pasta is sure to impress the whole family.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the grape tomatoes in a casserole dish or 9×13-inch cake pan.
3. Put the feta cheese in the middle and sprinkle the oregano, salt, and pepper over the cheese.
4. Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes and cheese and toss the tomatoes to coat.
5. Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
6. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Save a little bit of the pasta water for the recipe.
7. Remove and mash the melted cheese and tomatoes and add the minced garlic, stir to combine.
8. If the sauce is thick, add a couple tablespoons of pasta water to thin it out.
9. Sprinkle the basil and parsley over the cheese and add the pasta.
10. Stir to combine and sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if desired).
Comments will be approved before showing up.